- Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be! Re-live your youth and have 60’s, 70’s, 80’s or 90’s party themes. Your guests will really enjoy dressing up the way they used to and the music pretty much picks itself. Getting the food to reflect the era could be something as simple as bowls of fruit salad and blackjack sweets for the 70’s or double dips and popping candy for the 80’s. Don’t forget the hot dogs, burgers and fries you’re your Rock ‘n’ Roll 50’s bash.
- Black and white parties are always a hit. You can extend these party themes just to party decorations and dress code or go the whole hog and include food and drinks too. It makes life easy for guests (everyone has something black or white to wear) and a monochrome party venue looks crisp and clean. Dressing the tables and chairs to reflect the theme would be the final touch.
- Host your own Oscar’s ceremony with a Holywood Theme. Everyone has a favourite film star, and this gives them the opportunity to dress up like them. Whether you are a Pacino wannabe, a Greta Garbo fan or just want to channel your inner Iron Man – anything goes. Easy finger food such as sliders, tachos or canapes evokes the feel of an Oscar after-party
- A Viva Las Vegas theme allows you to ramp up the entertainment level with not just music but blackjack, poker, roulette and dice games too - for fake money unless you are feeling really generous! Thanks to the film of the same name, you could also sneak a cheeky Elvis costume in too and the food can include prawns, ribs, burgers or a huge Caesar salad, for the health conscious.
- As an excuse to dress up, it’s hard to beat a Pirates of the Caribbean theme. Dressing the room is fun too – lots of skulls and crossbones, ropes, nets and maybe a treasure chest or two! Rum-based drinks and assorted seafood will add the finishing touches. And for those who won’t join in the fun, well, there’s always walking the plank.
5 Party Themes for 2020
Up to 100
For a larger event, our 18-metre diameter Black Darkstar is the ultimate funky tent! It is designed to function as a nightclub during the day with black-out walls
Up to 150
When you really need to push the boat out for those important landmark events, we suggest the Ultimate Darkstar – that’s both tents used together!